Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone And Turn This Traditional Recipe Into a Mouth-Watering Casserole That You’ll Absolutely Love!
Move over boring stuffed peppers (They aren’t actually boring, we love them!) because stuffed pepper casserole is in da house! Moms, dads, grandparents, and kids alike are going to fall in peppery love with this recipe.
This dish contains everything you enjoy about stuffed peppers and places them into a warm and filling casserole. Experience the flavors of earthy red and green peppers, brown rice, and rich tomato sauce simmering together in a hot oven.
Mmm, I can smell the savory flavors right now as I type this! Seriously, I can as I have this casserole cooking in my oven right now. I can’t wait for dinner time! I’m going to serve this with a fresh, green salad on the side, and also some dinner rolls I made earlier.
I think I’m going to have to wear yoga pants after dinner, haha! But I don’t even care about that, because the aromas in my kitchen are sooo inviting!
USE THE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS.
Another great twist on this recipe is that cheese is added to the mix. Normally, stuffed peppers are sans cheddar (at least in my house), but the casserole is a whole different story! We couldn’t be more pleased because who doesn’t like cheese? We love this recipe because it is great for feeding a crowd.
From church potlucks to school events, there’s always enough to go around. I’m making this casserole for supper today, and I halved the recipe as it’s only myself and my husband who’ll be dining tonight. How many will you be cooking for?
Check out what my pals over at 89recipes had to say about this dish:
A “stuffed” casserole doesn’t exactly sound healthy, but you’re about to be pleasantly surprised! Made with lean ground beef and nutrient-rich ingredients, this dinner does a great job of satisfying hunger without packing on a ton of calories.
1 pound lean ground beef
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 (8.8-ounce) pouches Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice brown rice
1 (23.25-ounce) jar Prego Traditional pasta sauce
½ tablespoon dried McCormick oregano
½ tablespoon dried McCormick basil
1 teaspoon Morton salt
1 teaspoonMcCormick black pepper
1 cup Sargento shredded four cheese Italian blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, bell peppers, onion, and garlic until the vegetables soften and the beef is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it cooks. Drain any excess fat and return the skillet to the stovetop, turning the heat down to low.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions.
- Add the cooked rice, pasta sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the beef in the skillet and mix well. Transfer the skillet ingredients to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Italian cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is melted, 18-20 minutes.